Ms. Lavinia is a denizen of San Diego, an anglophile, tea snob, milliner and vintage hat collector. She once took a “How to Fascinate” personality test that categorized her as “The Connoisseur” – she who knows where to find the best of everything.
Yes dear, “Ms. Lavinia” is a Nom de Thé to preserve the authoress’s anonymity and the integrity of her reviews. She does not let the tea rooms know she’s coming!
- Ambiance – New & classy? Historic? Elegant? Doily n’ Dolls?
- Service – are servers attentive? Are they knowledgeable? Do they leave the tea to OVERSTEEP?!
- Quality of the tea served
- Tea sandwich quality & inventiveness
- Scone quality – fresh baked in-house? Light and fluffy? Mary Berry-worthy?
- Tea cakes & sweets
- China Cuteness Quotient
Is the tea room suitable for:
- Large parties
- Bachelorette Parties / Bridal Showers / Baby Showers
- Friend Get-Togethers
- Theme Days & Events
- Hat Lovers
- Anglophiles & Tea Aficionados
- Wheelchair accessible?
- Are high chairs / child seating available?
- Gluten free options
- Vegetarian and/or vegan options