Here you’ll find my recommendations for the very best teas, tea tools, tea sets, and other resources.
Teas I’m Drinking Now
A San Diego-based company, makes two of my favorite teas. Currently, they’re only available through their online store.
- Earl Grey Creme – I buy this by the pound. It’s basically Earl Grey with a touch of vanilla, but that vanilla makes a world of difference.
- Scottish Caramel Pu-Erh – I call this the “gateway pu-erh” for the non pu-erh drinker. Caramel and butterscotch deliciousness.
A nice local tea shop located in Liberty Station.
- California Sunshine is a fruity tea, which I don’t typically go for, but it’s excellent iced. Citrus, hibiscus, eucalyptus, lemon grass.
Order online, or buy at the brick-and-mortar location at Westfield North County mall in Escondido
- Ginger Turmeric tea – A pleasant nighttime tea with anti-inflammatory properties. Sometimes I’ll add chamomile for a sleepy-time tea effect.
- Peach Turmeric – A summery tea that’s good hot or iced.
An online store with an overwhelming selection of loose leaf tea. The only problem is that teas tend to have limited runs, so if you find one you love, buy in bulk.
- TARDIS – Earl Grey with blueberry, caramel and vanilla. If you like blueberries, it’s lovely.
- Afternoon with Jane Austen – Black tea, lavender, orange, vanilla, rose petals, bergamot. The florals and fruits are understated, which I like.
Portland, Oregon based tea maker known for excellent quality. While it’s not exactly to my taste, I do recommend their Double Bergamot Earl Grey.
- White Bouquet – This tea is exclusively blended for the Portland Rose Garden, and you can only buy it there (or, as I’ve done, by calling them and requesting a shipment). I will go to great lengths for my favorite teas. Even (shudder) calling people.